Downers Grove Police to Crack Down on DUIs, Seatbelt Violations over Thanksgiving
Officers will be working saturation patrols over the Thanksgiving holiday that target impaired drivers and seat belt enforcement zones.
Downers Grove police will conduct extra patrols over the Thanksgiving holiday that target impaired drivers and seat belt enforcement zones, the department announced.
Downers Grove is participating in a year-long initiative that focuses on impaired driving and seat belt enforcement on specific holidays, including Thanksgiving.
While celebrating during the holiday, drivers are urged to take the following precautions:
- Plan a safe way home before the fun begins;
- Before drinking, designate a sober driver;
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, call 911 and report their location immediately;
- Wear safety belts—every trip, every seat location, every time—it's the best defense against a drunk driver.
Drivers are also reminded of the state's motto on seat belt safety, "Click-It or Ticket."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: