Invite a friend
10th Annual Big Boomin’ Heart Fair and Heart Month Lecture Series
- Cholesterol and diabetes screening – two-step testing process with nurse consultation. Call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622) to register. Registration is required.
- Heart healthy screenings – asthma, pulmonary function, blood pressure, etc.
- Free posture and balance screenings
- Question and answer sessions with cardiologists (8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am)
- Tours of the Cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs
- Children’s face painting
- Informational vendor exhibits
- Free gifts
|Where||Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital 3815 Highland Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (Main Hospital Lower Level Atrium)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 am–11:00 am|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
Serving its 1 millionth patient in 2010, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital has become a nationally recognized leader in healthcare since its founding in 1976. The hospital has been ranked among the Top 100 hospitals in the U.S. by Thompson Reuters and was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing--the profession's highest honor--in 2009 and 2010.
Good Sam, as it is called by locals, is the only Level One trauma center in DuPage County and also has a top Level Three designation for neo-natal intensive care. The hospital also is a recognized leader in cardiac care. Advocate Health Care, which operates Good Samaritan, has been named one of the Top 10 healthcare systems in the nation.
Among the state-of-the-art facilities at Good Sam are a new surgical care pavilion and a new 17,000-square-foot Endoscopic Ambulatory Center. The hospital also has a 44-bed intensive care and surgical heart facility. Good Sam is a smoke-free environment