Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports, that every year, about 715,000 Americans has a heart attack. About 600,000 people die from heart disease in the United States each year—that’s 1 out of every 4 deaths. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. Here is the good news: heart disease is preventable and controllable. You can now take the first step by learning all about it in this year’s Advocate Good Samaritan Big Blooming Heart Fair.
Please join us with your family at the Heart Fair on Saturday, March 1, 2014, 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. The venue is Good Samaritan Health and Wellness Center, 39th St. & Wellness Way - on the Hospital Campus.
- Cholesterol and diabetes screening – Two-step testing process with nurse consultation.
Early registration is required for these tests (lipid panel and hemoglobin A1C test).
Call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622) and provide a code of 4C32 to register for tests.
- Heart healthy screenings (asthma, blood pressure, BMI, etc.)
- Free posture and balance screenings by the GSAM Wellness Center staff
- Question and answer sessions with Cardiologists (8:30am, 9:30am, and 10:30am)
- Tours of the Advocate GSAM Wellness Center
-Children’s coloring corner- Informational vendor exhibits
- Free gifts
This is a free event and is part of the Heart month activities that Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital sponsors to keep the community informed.