During its Tuesday night meeting the village council unamimously approved an ordinance to convert numerous downtown parking spaces into 15-minute only spots.
A recommendation of the Downtown Parking Study the council approved in January, the conversion of certain spaces is expected to benefit downtown businesses by creating higher turnover and more parking options for shoppers.
The spaces will be converted with the installation of new signage and pavement striping. According to the ordinance, the converted spaces will be at the following locations:
1) The north side of Curtiss Street from a point forty feet west of the west line of Washington Street to a point one hundred eighteen feet west of such west line.
(2) The two spaces (by disabled parking) in south corner of the Library Lot
(3) The south side of 935 Burlington Avenue.
(4) The south side of 937 Curtiss Avenue.
(5) The south side of 1001 Curtiss Avenue
(6) The north side of 1028 Curtiss Avenue.
(7) The east side of 4947 Main Street.
(8) The east side of 5002 Main Street.
(9) The west side of 5006 Main Street.
(10) The east side of 5115 Main Street.
(11) The west side of 5122 Main Street.
(12) The east side of 5157 Main Street.
(13) The north side of 940 Warren Avenue.
These locations were determined based on conversations with representatives of and business owners, according to the ordinance.