It's time to fire up the grill one last time and say good-bye to the dog days of summer.
Though summer doesn't official end until Sept. 21, Labor Day — a national holiday dedicated to the social and economic achievements of Amiercan workers — is often thought of as the season's last hurrah.
And many people — especially public employees — have the day off. Here's what's closed on and around Labor Day 2012:
- The will be closed Monday in observance of the holiday. While the building will be closed, the book drop is always open, and patrons can access the library online 24/7 at www.downersgrovelibrary.org. The library will resume normal hours at 9 a.m. Monday.
- offices are closed Monday.
- offices are closed Monday. Also closed: , W.F. Sherman Jr. Center and the . The will be open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., and the will maintain regular hours.
- The is closed Monday.
- and schools are closed Monday.
- DuPage County offices, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, will be closed Monday.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on news: