TUESDAY, OCT. 2
Drinking in Public
- David M. Deland, 56, of the 100 block of Burlington Avenue in Downers Grove, was arrested around 7:07 a.m. at the Fairview train depot, 5099 Fairview Ave., police said. The officer said he saw Deland drinking an alcoholic beverage while sitting on a bench reserved for train riders. He was charged with drinking in public, and was released on an I-bond.
- John D. Shinder, 48, of the 700 block of Liberty Street in Wheaton, was arrested around 1:08 p.m. at Hummer Park, 4833 Fairview Ave., police said. The arresting officer said he saw Shinder drinking an alcoholic beverage while sitting on a park bench. He was charged with drinking in public, and was released on an I-bond.
- John J. Warwick, of the 1300 block of Lloyd Street in Lombard, was arrested around 4:34 p.m. at Doerhoffer Park, 3920 Saratoga Ave., police said. The officer said he saw Warwick drinking an alcoholic beverage at a picnic table just west of the football field. He was charged with drinking in public, and was released on an I-bond.
- Police arrested Russell L. Fisher, 55, of the 3900 block of Saratoga Avenue in Downers Grove; Christopher B. Allen, 56, of the 700 block of Liberty Street in Wheaton; and Julie A. Gurak, 42, of the 1500 block of Jill Court in Glendale Heights, around 5:26 p.m. at Main Street and Havens Court. According to the report, police found Fisher, Allen and Gurak with a Four Loko, a Tropicana bottle with vodka and a cold can of Icehouse beer. They were charged with drinking in public, and were released on individual I-bonds.
Brian P. Deady, 56, of the 6500 block of Hathaway Lane in Downers Grove, was arrested around 10:02 p.m. in the 6500 block of Hathaway Lane, police said. He was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol. He was issued a Nov. 7 court date.
MONDAY, OCT. 1
Car Burglary on Saratoga Avenue
A car was burglarized in the 4600 block of Saratoga Avenue between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m., police said. The front license plate was stolen from a vehicle parked in front of a home, according to the report.
Car Burglary on Walnut Avenue
A car was burglarized overnight outside the Bristol Club Apartments, 5602 Walnut Ave., police said. The victim told police items were moved inside the vehicle, and $5 in change was missing from the center console.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 28
Michael E. Hardin, 49, of the 700 block of Liberty St. in Wheaton, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. in the 4900 block of Washington Street, police said.
An officer said he observed Hardin urinating near an evergreen tree. He was charged with disorderly conduct/urinating in public, police said.
Looking for more Downers Grove crime news?
- Police: Westmont Woman Accused of Beating in Good Sam Hospital Parking Garage
- Downers Grove Man Pleads Guilty to Denburn Woods Burglary: Court Watch
- Four Suspects Arrested in Connection with Home Burglaries in Downers Grove
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: