FRIDAY, NOV. 2
- Hannah M. Werner, 24, of the 400 block of Hartford in Oswego, was arrested around 1:02 a.m. near 63rd and Powell streets, police said. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and no insurance. She was issued a Dec. 12 court date.
- David D. Fish, 26, of the 2700 block of Copp Road in Niles, MI, was arrested around 12:39 a.m. in the 4100 block of Main Street, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding. He was issued a Dec. 12 court date.
- Gary M. Hanley, 52, of Riverside, was arrested around 12:22 a.m. in the 1500 block of Ogden Avenue, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding. He was issued a Dec. 12 court date.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 31
Possession of Drug Equipment
Raoul Grozea, 18, of the 6000 block of Riverbend Drive in Lisle, was arrested around 10:40 p.m. at Doerhoffer Park, 3920 Saratoga Ave., police said.
While patrolling after dusk, an officer saw Grozea, a male friend and a female walking away from the playground. Grozea's friend, who was not identified due to age, was seen exhaling smoke, police said.
As the officer approached, he smelled an odor of freshy burnt cannabis in the air, police said. Grozea and his friend told the officer they were smoking, and had thrown the pipe when they saw the police car, police said.
The officer located a small, multi-colored smoking device near the area, police said.
Grozea was arrested, and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on an I-bond.
Looking for more Downers Grove police news?
- Police: Downers Grove Woman Lost $13K in Lottery Scam
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: