WED., FEB. 27
- A woman reported a theft of a package around 3:05 p.m. on the 500 block of Gierz Street. She ordered a dress and sweater for $64.02 from a business online. She contacted the business to ask about the package and was told that U.S. mail delivered it Feb. 11, according to business records. The business said it would not reimburse her or send replacement items because the business was not liable, per company policy. The woman reported the incident in case there were other packages stolen during the same time frame.
- A man reported a theft of a package around 3:10 p.m. on the 4000 block of Highland Avenue. He placed an online order for four pairs of jeans from a department store and expected the package to arrive via U.S. mail between Feb. 22 and 25. He contacted the post office to ask about his package and was told the package was delivered Feb. 23. The man was home all day Feb. 23 and was unaware the package was delivered or possibly stolen. The cost of the order was $53.
Matthew S. Sowa, 20, of the 1600 block of 71st Street in Downers Grove, was arrested at about 12:39 a.m. at 225 Ogden Avenue. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol with a BAC over .08, consumption of alcohol by a minor and leaving the scene of an accident with vehicle damage, according to a police report. His blue Honda Civic was towed from the scene to an impound lot. He was released on I-bond and has an April 3 court date.
TUESDAY, FEB. 26
Julius H. Lewis, 35, of the 2300 block of Black Road in Joliet, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at about 1:06 a.m. at the intersection of 63rd and Main streets. His green Plymouth Voyager was towed from the scene to an impound lot. He was released on I-bond and has a March 27 court date.
MONDAY, FEB. 25
Martin Gaspar-Martinez, 35, of the 2000 block of Ridge Lane in Woodridge, was arrested at about 2:34 a.m. at the intersection of 75th Street and Woodward Avenue. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol with a BAC over .08, driving while license revoked, making an improper turn and disobeying a traffic control device. His tan GMC Yukon was towed from the scene to an impound lot. He was released on I-bond and has a March 27 court date.
SUNDAY, FEB. 24
Guido P. Arquilla, 40, of the 5000 block of Fair Elms Avenue in Western Springs, was arrested at about 1:15 a.m. on Main Street at Curtiss Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage on a one-way street. His white Mercedes E320 was towed from the scene to an impound lot. He was released on I-bond and has a March 27 court date.
TUESDAY, FEB. 19
Screen Door Damaged
A man reported at about 3:45 p.m. that the front panel of his screen door on the 300 block of 6th Street was pushed in a couple inches.
"Due to the fact the screen door was not latched and there was a solid door behind it, I did not feel that the damage was from an attempt to gain entry into the house," an officer wrote in the police report for this incident.
No further action was taken.
Looking for more Downers Grove police news?
- Thefts Reported At Restaurants On Ogden and 75th Street: Police Blotter
- Man Tried to Lure 13-Year-Old Boy into Car in Downers Grove: Police
- Downers Grove Woman Gets 8 Years for Shooting Boyfriend Through Bedroom Door
- Police: Woman Tried to Lure Young Boy Near Downers Grove Elementary School
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: