OMG PD: Loose 'Bear,' Pricey Place Settings Stolen

A weekly roundup of the more unusual incidents in the police blotter.


A Loose Bear?

A 22-year-old female complainant reported at 9:15 am. that some of the men at the B.E.D.S. shelter had been harassing her in the shelter and taking photos. She also told an officer about a “loose bear” at one of the La Grange shelters.


$14K in Silverware Missing from Hinsdale Home

A resident from the 800 block of South Washington Street in Hinsdale reported on Jan. 10 that five silver place settings worth a combined $14,400 went missing from her home some time between Jan. 1, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the Hinsdale Police Department.


Ticket Scalper Charged

Rami Wahood, 25, of the 100 block of Circle Ridge, Burr Ridge, was charged with ticket scalping after police say he attempted to sell two tickets to a Feb. 20 Swedish House Mafia concert at United Center to an undercover officer for more than face value.

Police said the offense is a misdemeanor. Wahood was released to appear in court.


Tires Stolen from Downers Grove Car Dealership

Thirteen spare tires were stolen from vehicles at the Bill Kay Nissan dealership, 1601 Ogden Ave., police said.

A manager told police they discovered the missing tires after a customer called to inform them that the car they had purchased was missing its spare tire, according to reports.

After checking all the cars in the lots, employees found 13 vehicles that were missing spare tires—seven Frontiers, 3 Xterras and 3 Titans, police said.

According to reports, the tires were stolen sometime between Dec. 21 and Jan. 21. The tires were valued at $5,550.


Woman Pleads Guilty in Religious Shrine Fire

A Woodridge woman pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in connection to the May 2011 apartment fire in Seven Bridges that endangered two young children.

During the incident, Budithi left her two children alone when she went to move her car in the parking lot of the apartment complex in the 6600 block of Double Eagle Drive.

While she was out, an unattended open flame in a closet being used as a shrine started a fire in the apartment.

The two children were found by first responders of the Lisle-Woodridge Fire Department in the apartment and rescued. They were taken to Edward Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

Read the full story on Woodridge Patch.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »