MONDAY, FEB. 25
A woman in the 5500 block of Walnut Avenue told police she received a phone call from a man who identified himself as her grandson. The man said he had been arrested in Virginia for driving under the influence and needed $5,000 for bail, police said.
The woman ended the phone call and contacted her grandson in Arizona to confirm that he had not made any calls to her, police said.
SUNDAY, FEB. 24
Police were called to a home in the 4300 block of Sterling Road around 10 p.m. for a report of property damage. The homeowner said a window was broken on the north side of his garage sometime between Feb. 17 and Feb. 24, according to reports.
James M. Foster, 30, of Chino Hills, CA, was arrested around 12:25 a.m. near 39th Street and Highland Avenue, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage. He was issued a March 27 court date.
SATURDAY, FEB. 23
- Glenn E. Beamon, of the 900 block of Warren Avenue in Downers Grove, was arrested around 12:29 a.m. in the 4000 block of Fairview Avenue, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, improper lane usage and driving an uninsured vehicle. He was issued a March 20 court date.
- Brandie A. Allen, 39, of the 4800 block of Oakwood Avenue in Downers Grove, was arrested around 3:07 a.m. near Forest and Warren avenues, police said. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and improper lighting. She was issued a March 27 court date.
MONDAY, FEB. 18
Police were called to a grocery store in the 1200 block of 75th Street around 4:08 p.m. for a report of retail theft. The manager told police that surveillance video from a previously reported car burglary showed the possible offender going through the self-checkout lane, where he purchased a few items and left without paying for two frozen pizzas, according to reports.
Looking for more Downers Grove police news?
- Man Tried to Lure 13-Year-Old Boy into Car in Downers Grove: Police
- Downers Grove Woman Gets 8 Years for Shooting Boyfriend Through Bedroom Door
- Police: Woman Tried to Lure Young Boy Near Downers Grove Elementary School
- No Charges Expected Following Death of Downers Grove Teen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: