Early voting for the April 9 consolidated election began Monday at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave., and several other area locations.
All voters registered in DuPage County may vote early at any of the nine designated polling places, now through April 6.
Voters must bring a government-issued photo ID such as a passport, driver's license or military ID. Voting will be conducted on ATM-like touch screens, according to the DuPage County Election Commission.
Downers Grove Village Hall is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Tuesday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For the location and hours of other early voting sites, call the DuPage County Election Commission at 630-407-5600 or visit www.dupageco.org.
The other early voting sites in DuPage County are:
- Addison Township Office: 401 N. Addison St., Addison
- Bartlett Community Center: 700 S. Bartlett Road, Bartlett
- DuPage County Election Commission, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton
- Elmhurst City Hall: 209 N. York St., Elmhurst
- Naperville Municipal Center: 400 S. Eagle St., Naperville
- (Darien) St. John Lutheran Church: 7214 Cass Ave., Darien
- Stratford Square Mall: 152 Stratford Square, Bloomingdale
- Yorktown Center: 203 Yorktown Mall Dr., Lombard
In Downers Grove, seats are up for grabs in Community High School District 99, Downers Grove Grade School District 58, Downers Grove Village Council and the Downers Grove Park District.
The only contested races on the ballot are those running for village council and District 99 school board. However, two District 99 candidates, Henry Jakobsze and Martin Gorski, have informally withdrawn in the past month—both missed the official deadline—leaving four candidates for the four open seats (incumbents Debbie Boyle, Terry Pavesich and Julia Beckman, and newcomer Rick Pavinato).
Running for three open seats on the Downers Grove Village Council are incumbents Bob Barnett and Marilyn Schnell, and newcomers David S. Olsen, Don Jankowski, Susan Walaszek and Greg Hosé.
Patch Election Guides:
- Election 2013: District 99 Board of Education
- Election 2013: Downers Grove Village Council
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: