Students at Highland Elementary School in Downers Grove celebrated Halloween on Wednesday with their annual costume parade at a local retirement community.
Each year, the entire school walks to Peace Memorial Manor, located at 3737 Highland Ave. in the Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital campus, to show off their costumes and perform a variety of Halloween songs.
Although the residents at Peace Manor typically provide candy for the students, they opted this year to donate $100 for the school's Learning Resource Center.
Looking for more Halloween coverage?
- VIDEO: 'Thriller' Flash Mob Takes Over Downers Grove Train Station
- PHOTOS: Halloween Comes Early to Downtown Downers Grove
- Scary Statistics: Facts and Figures about Halloween
- Enter to Win Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest
- Add the Punchline to Our Vampire Dogs Cartoon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: