If you find yourself disappointed in some of your local elected officials, is giving you something you can do about it this Saturday.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. as part of its 2nd Annual Father's Day Grand Grill Out, Lemon Tree will operate a charity dunk tank featuring numerous Downers Grove delegates. From State Senator Ron Sandack to DG Mayor Martin Tully to commissioner Bob Barnett and more, there will be plenty of opportunity to provide “community input” in the name of charity. All profits from the dunk tank will be given to the Downers Grove Junior Woman's Club. The dunk tank schedule:
• Senator Ron Sandack, 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Commissioner Bob Barnett, 10:30-11 a.m.
• Commissioner Geoff Neustadt, 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Mayor Martin Tully, 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Coach Josh Porter, 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Coach John Wander, 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.
• YMCA board member Chuck Keenley, 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• YMCA executive director Barb Taylor
In addition to the dunk tank, Lemon Tree's chef Tim Canning will be grilling food, handing out free samples and giving customers grilling advice. All of the prepared food items will also be available for purchase inside Lemon Tree. The grilling schedule:
• Bacon and breakfast sausages, 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
• Niman Ranch ribeyes, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Niman Ranch pork chops and hot dogs 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.